Our PROVIDE FIRST AID Course comprises of 4 competency units from the Health Training Package (HLT 07):
1. HLTFA311A: Apply First Aid
2. HLTAID003: Provide First Aid
2. HLTAID001: Provide Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
3. HLTAID002: Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
These units appear on your Apply First Aid Statement of Attainment
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
As of 1 January 2015 all students enrolled into a nationally recognized VET course will need to register for a Unique Student Identifier (USI). The USI will make it easier for students to find and collate their VET achievements. Creating a USI is free.
To create your USI, please follow the link below: www.usi.gov.au
Onsite Course includes
- Discussion to develop further understanding of relevant first aid knowledge areas.
- Demonstration and practice of DRABCD & managing an unconscious person
- Demonstration and practice of CPR skills
- Demonstration and practice of relevant first aid skills
- Management of first aid emergencies through performance in a variety of realistic first aid scenarios relevant to participants’ workplace situations
- Review of answers to workbook or online questions.
- Assessment of course competencies.
- Cardio Pulmonary Rescusitation
- Fractures and dislocations
- Burns and scalds
- Head, chest and spinal injuries
- Bandaging techniques
- Severed limbs
- Poisoning, bites, stings and much more!
- Accidents and illness
- Using a first aid kit
- Simple record keeping
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Heart attacks and Shock
- Severe allergic reaction
- Eye injuries
- Low blood sugar